Burlington County Footlighters’ 2016 Summer Theatre Camp
Burlington County Footlighters’ 2016 Summer Theatre Camp will combine the best of Footlighters’ history in education with the fun and excitement of a full-scale production!
Camp will run from 12 noon to 4 pm Monday – Friday, from June 23rd through July 16th, at Footlighters Playhouse, at 808 Pomona Rd. in Cinnaminson, NJ.
Tuition and fees will be $400 for the entire session.
What is Included
Students will be engaged throughout the day in a safe, nurturing environment. Each day’s activities will include:
- THEATRE BASICS – From stage direction to terminology, young students will learn the tricks of the trade!
- DESIGN – Regardless of artistic ability, students will have an opportunity to create a world for a show of their own – the science of shows, from set to lights to costumes!
- WRITING – Students will work with character, plot and themes to create their own stories!
- IMPROVISATION – Learn to “go with the flow” and create memorable characters & scenes on the spot!
- DANCE/MOVEMENT – Get up and get moving! Each day will involve physical activity to keep the blood pumping!
All this, and the show!
From auditions to performances, students will combine their talents to put on Disney’s High School Musical, Jr.
Our experienced faculty includes:
BRENDA KELLY BACON – Brenda has 17 years of teaching experience with Burlington County Footlighters. With a BA in Theatre from Rowan University, Brenda directs, choreographs and performs at many area theatres regularly. She is also the director, choreographer and dance teacher and dance team coach at Holy Cross Academy.
KEVIN ESMOND – Kevin holds a BA in English and is pursuing his MA in Theatre at Villanova University. Kevin has led workshops and critiqued theatre for middle school and high school students on the county and state level, and has directed at Doane Academy and Holy Cross High School. Kevin also created and directs the Intern Co., Footlighters’ education program for students ages 15-20, now in its 13th year.
JILLIAN STARR-RENBJOR – Jillian has been directing youth productions through Burlington County Footlighters, Moorestown Arts Council, Maple Shade Arts Council and Our Lady of Perpetual Help School. She is the Artistic Director at Burlington County Footlighters and Vice President of Maple Shade Arts Council, and is an award-winning director and actor who has appeared in numerous productions throughout the region, and studied both voice and musical theatre at the Walnut St. Theatre.